Sunday 19 April 2015

I am going to quit acting, I am representing the people's interest, Desmond Elliot


The actor turned politician who recently won a spot at the Lagos State house of Assembly representing Surulere Constituency 1 said that he will do his best in representing his consituency well, adding that Nollywood was also his constituency and as such will also be well represented by him. Adding to that, he said he would not abandon his film career. He said he would still be making films but would stop acting to protect his image, he said I will still be making films, but not as an actor because I am representing people’s interest. I have to be very careful about what I do now,

He also expressed his satisfaction with the conduct of the election, he said “I feel I’m a representation of the youths, a generation that wants the change we are clamouring for. I pray that God would give me the strength to withstand the pressure when it comes, because I know it’s not going to be an easy task." It’s something I’ve been begging Him (God) for a long time and now the opportunity has come.So , with God’s help and hard work, we will succeed.”
Desmond Elliot is the only entertainer known to have successfully won any office contested for in Nigeria’s 2015 general elections.

2 comments:

  1. We want to see you perform

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete